Monday, April 28, 2008

Forgot about this visit










On April 12, I took Ela, Julia & Stevie to a Reptilefest at University of Chicago. It was a 2 day exhibition of reptiles. There must have been hundreds of them, and you were allowed to TOUCH quite a few of them. Well Julia being the brave one always was the first to Yes I want to hold that ....... Ela was enthralled and NOW wants a snake for a pet. Stevie was a bit more cautious when it came to handling them. I've got to tell you that the snakes are not slimmy at all as you would think. It was a slippery feeling like satin or something like that. The Big Red Wagon was on display outside of the building where they make the Red Wagons on ... I forgot what street we where on. I drove all the way down to UIC on side streets. Mainly down Grand ave. WOW what a change since I used to live in that neighborhood area. We passed by where Stefan used to work on Grand and Western ave. Then by my old house on California and North ave area. Where I worked at the Norwegian American Hospital on Division and California. I also mentioned to them ans showed them the place where Stefan was HELD -UP at gunpoint years and years ago. Ok now I am going back in history, oops back to the NOW.

How do you like Julia's new Boa neckwarmer? The snake skeleton is mighty impressive also. The small crocodiles, and we saw many old ones that would not do much harm to anyone at this age. The big yellow snake that we are holding on our laps in an Albino Boa? I think. It was so long that it did not even fir on our laps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home