Thursday, December 20, 2007

Happy Holidays!

Well, it's been a busy year for us all! Since school started, it's been one long game of catch-up! So while I've got a moment or two, I thought I'd change the color on the blog to reflect the holiday spirit!

I really thought I'd have a week to catch up on things here before Christmas, since my classes finish a week before the kids let out of school for break. Wow, was I wrong! This week is flying by, and I haven't done half the things I needed to have done by now! For anyone on my list who reads this regularly... my holiday greetings via snail mail will be mailed out tomorrow, so hopefully they reach you by next Monday! I think I'm almost done with my gift shopping - now I've got to get wrapping, so that's on my schedule tomorrow.

Ela had a band concert last night - and she played clarinet very well, probably because she practiced so long these past two months!

Stevie had his class party today and the kids had fun sharing in some holiday games. He had a play date at his friend's house this afternoon, but it seems the holiday party took a little too much "oomph" out of the two of them. We'll try again in a week or so and see if they can have more fun playing out in the snow.

Julia and her Brownie troop are singing at the local retirement center tomorrow afternoon - I should probably get those last three patches onto her vest before then! Looks like another thing to add to my to-do list tomorrow!

Is it really Christmas in FIVE DAYS???!? Surely, there's a mistake on my calendar and a month fell off some where, because I'm not ready for Christmas in five days! Sure, I've been singing along with the carols on WLIT, but that's just because they started playing them... when..? just after Easter this year? Sure seems like it! I love Christmas music so I wouldn't mind it from mid-November to mid-January, but that's me. Of course, I also pull out my Christmas cd's and listen to them in June sometimes, but again... that's just me! Guess that love of singing Christmas carols was bred into me! (Must be all those holiday parties at Mama's house...)

Well, I just wanted to say Happy Holidays to all, before things get too crazy here. I am sure Mama will post some pictures of Wigilia and our celebrations, though I may not have time. I have to download the concert pictures off my camera, so if I get a chance to do that tomorrow (note to self: add that to my list...), I'll try to post a picture or two of Ela playing her clarinet.

Season's Greetings to you all! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! Wesolych Swiat!

Hugs and kisses - Suzia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home